07 May 2018

Mixed Up Blog Challenge For May- TEXTURES

Hello! Welcome to my happy place.

My name is Rizwana and I have been a crafter for over 15 years. I have always loved creating things like cushions, curtains, outfits, paper crafting and recently mixed media. I think mixed media is definitely my happy place at present, it lets me experiment with different products and techniques and best of all there are no rules. I am delighted to be given the opportunity to be part of the Mixed Up Blog Challenge Team.




This months Mixed Up Blog Challenge Theme is Textures which is one of my favourites. I have created a small notebook with lots of textures on the cover. From using scrunched up decoupage paper to paints and modelling paste it gives it depth and interest.

Here is a close up.





I have added embroidery wire to a mount-board tag, sequins and ribbons which also give the tag a tactile feel.





Check out the Mixed Up Challenge blog post to see my fellow teamies texture projects for more inspiration.
We want you to create and share your texture project with us - you could win a prize. Check out the details here:
https://mixedupmag.com/make-it-mixed-media-challenge-may-2018/




Hope you are inspired by my texture project and it encourages you to have a go.

Thanks for stopping by.

Rizwana xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rizwana, hope you are well. Your book is gorgeous, wonderful Textures and colours. Tracy ❤️❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tracy thank you so much I really enjoyed creating this it was so fun. Hugs Rizwana

    ReplyDelete